Considered as one of the best in the city, The Lahore Gymkhana Library is situated in the basement of the club and provides a congenial environment for all readers.
Internet and photocopying facilities are also available.
The use of Library is’ regulated by the following rules which are also prominently displayed in the Library/Reading Room:
A member will be allowed to take out 2 books at one time, of which only one can be a new book.
- Family Members are allowed to take out 3 books at one time. In addition, they can take out 2 children’s books. Not more than one book of each category can be a new book.
- New books can be kept for a maximum of 15 days and this period can only be extended for another 7 days, if there is no demand for the book from another member.
- Other books can be kept for 30 days.
- All books taken out must be returned to the Librarian or his/her staff and under no circumstances should be placed on the shelves by the member.
- Books kept in the Reference Section shall not be taken out from the Library and must be read in the Library premises.
Fines, as approved by the Club will be automatically charged if books are not returned on the due date. A book can be brought in to the Library within the due date and taken out again if there is no demand for it from another member.
- A member who returns a book in a damaged condition will be liable for the cost of: (a) rebinding the book or (b) replacing the book. The decision of the Convener Library as to in which category the damage falls shall be final.
- All books lost will be charged their original cost price plus 200% extra to cover enhancement in price and the cost of replacement.
- Books contained in the Rare Book section can only be read on the premises. However, copies of pages can be made for members or scholars approaching through members, at a standard rate per page approved by the Library Committee from time to time.
Members are expected to observe the following Rules and etiquettes:
- Complete silence
- Mobile phones to be switched off
- No Smoking to be strictly observed
- No private study is allowed
- Children under the age of 18 years are not allowed
- Reference book/s, current magazine/s and newspaper/s on display cannot be issued
- Old newspaper/s for the last three months, if available, can be issued
- Old magazine/s, if available, can be issued
- Old magazines/newspapers are put on sale from time to time at bargain prices to be fixed by the Committee.
The Library contains books on the following classifications
- LAW AND JUDICIAL
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TRAVEL
- NON FICTION
- FASHION/LIFE STYLE
- FOOD AND COOKING
- PURE SCIENCES
- HEALTH & FITNESS