Considered as one of the best in the city, The Lahore Gymkhana Library is situated in the basement of the club and provides a congenial environment for all readers.
Internet and photocopying facilities are also available.
The use of Library is’ regulated by the following rules which are also prominently displayed in the Library/Reading Room:
- A member will be allowed to take out 2 books at one time, of which only one can be a new book.
- Family Members are allowed to take out 3 books at one time. In addition, they can take out 2 children’s books. Not more than one book of each category can be a new book.
- New books can be kept for a maximum of 15 days and this period can only be extended for another 7 days, if there is no demand for the book from another member.
- Other books can be kept for 30 days.
- All books taken out must be returned to the Librarian or his/her staff and under no circumstances should be placed on the shelves by the member.
- Books kept in the Reference Section shall not be taken out from the Library and must be read in the Library premises.
- Fines, as approved by the Club will be automatically charged if books are not returned on the due date. A book can be brought in to the Library within the due date and taken out again if there is no demand for it from another member.
- A member who returns a book in a damaged condition will be liable for the cost of: (a) rebinding the book or (b) replacing the book. The decision of the Convener Library as to in which category the damage falls shall be final.
- All books lost will be charged their original cost price plus 200% extra to cover enhancement in price and the cost of replacement.
- Books contained in the Rare Book section can only be read on the premises. However, copies of pages can be made for members or scholars approaching through members, at a standard rate per page approved by the Library Committee from time to time.